Wednesday, March 3, 2010

No, I'm not happy.

Monday, I took my car to Rick McGill's Airport Toyota to get the oil changed. I set up the appointment last week. We needed to get it done and they seem to do a good job of it there. So after the oil change, they show me a list of problems that my car has and needs fixed. I'ts nearly $600 for the work. What amazes me is when you tell a mechanic you don't have that money right now. It's like they are genuinely shocked that you don't have that type of cash in your pocket.

If I was a car mechanic and charged people 600 bucks for about 6 hours of work, then I might be able to afford it.

Anyway, I go home and I'm late from the oil change in seeing my son. That is what I consider to be the worse part of all this, but the timing couldn't be helped. We had to get it done sometime.

Tuesday morning, I get up and get ready for work. I get in my car and start to drive away and the car is sluggish. I get out and see I have a flat tire on the rear-driver side. So I back the car up. Go inside and tell Wendy. She tells me to take her car to work so I won't be too late. I went to work. I waited until around 0900 and called the service department at Airport Toyota. I spoke with Paul, the guy I spoke with at the Service Department the night before and told him what had happened. I told him I thought that the flat came from there. He says, "Well we don't use nails, or screws or anything like that in the work area that could puncture a tire." So now I'm really not happy.

I get home Tuesday and start changing the tire. Tuesday evening I have a freezing drizzling rain falling on me. While I was working on just breaking the nuts loose I kept thinking, "My next car will be a Honda." I had to change a tire on my Pontiac once. The nuts were difficult to loosen, but not like this. Some parts of my Pontiac came off on their own, so getting the nuts off shouldn't be a great feat. Back to my Toyota, I had to stand on the tire iron and do little bounces so I wouldn't fall off and hurt myself. I finally get the tire changed. I go inside and wash up. I get to play with Noah for a little while and give him his bath. We gave thanks to God that this happened at our apartment and not on the Highway somewhere. After putting Noah to sleep, I was smiling again.

Wednesday morning, I get up at 0530. I have a Publish today and I need to get to work. While here, I got a phone call from Rick McGill's Airport Toyota. It's their follow-up call on my service experience. She asks me how did the service go. I told her the service part was just fine. The Oil Change part went well. I then tell her about what happened afterward. I told her about my conversation with Paul. She then tells me about her getting a flat at a gas station. When she finished this is what was said.

"In answer to your question, no, I'm not happy. I have a flat tire and I think your service department caused it."
Then she told me "Well I hope you have a nice day."

Thank you Rick McGill's Airport Toyota Customer Service.

No comments:

Post a Comment